Blogger Layouts

Sunday 5 August 2012

Several Eureka moments that you have experienced throughout the documentary.


            
On 30th July 2012, I watched a documentary, Test Your Brain Part 1 of 3 (Pay Attention) for my Critical Literacy. From this documentary I have learned many things especially on how our brains work and our ability in paying attention. I have been cheated easily by unexpected situations or we called as Eureka moment. Eureka moment is a moment when you find out something that is unexpected or sudden realization that make you say "i got it". In this journal, I would like to share some of my Eureka moments when I am watching this documentary.

              First, in the first game the magician shows some money to us and he seems to count the notes which are five notes. At this moment, I am using my left brain by assuming that he is going to make one of the notes gone just like others musician did. After he finishes the trick, I kind of weird as none of the notes is missing and my Eureka moment appeared just after the real trick has been revealed. The real trick is there are some changes during the game which are the hat, the table and the new handkerchief. The biggest changes are the background while he was showing us the money. I did not realize it at all as I had been focusing on the money.



               Second, the fourth game is handled by Apollo Robbins who is a hand sleight expert. He shows the safest place to keep our value stuffs but at the end the value stuffs turn to a refreshing juice. I assumed that he is going to show us the changes of the value stuffs just like the first trick. However, my Eureka moment appeared when the real trick is when three people in animal costume were walking behind him. I do not notice it as I am focusing on the other important thing.

              Third, my last Eureka moment in this documentary is in the ninth game. The host wants the audience to track the number of times the Blue Jabawaki Dance Crews step into the spotlight. I had been counting too and I got about seventeen times and I assumed that the game wanted to test our attention by finding the correct times. However, I had been fooled again as I did not notice a penguin who was walking behind the Blue Jabawaki Dance Crews.


               As a conclusion, I realize that I am lack of attention ability as I fall so many times in attention tricks. Besides, this documentary is an enjoying one not like documentary always be and the Eureka moments that I have experienced in it is something that cannot be forgotten.

2 comments: